Sunday, March 24, 2013

The world is changing..

So I was sitting here on computer this morning having a nice warm cup of Salt Caramel Coffee. YUM.
Anyway, I came across something that made me smile and reflect about how much our world has changed.

No this isn't me :)
Especially the world of food. 
Just in my life time, which hasn't been that long, I have seen microwave ovens become everyday household items, I have watched the store shelving become laden with boxed ready to go foods and watched the produce section shrink. 
Everyone just moves through life to fast. we forget to slow down and take stock in the world around us.  ( I can ramble for hours..being that I have no voice still, boo, I wont) 

There is a point to this post. Maybe even two.  

So, my first thought that made me smile. Was the reclaiming of food by the individual. There is a whole growing movement of homesteaders and gardeners growing food for their own families and friends. It has gone beyond buy local and organic foods. It has become about growing them.

 In stead of people comparing cars and possessions. I have overheard people comparing gardens and what they are growing. You can see the pride beaming from these folks because they are in control of their own food. I have seen people carry pictures of their chickens along side pictures of the kids and dog.  This is truly an amazing time to live in.

The Second thing was seeing how people are reinventing jobs. The food a beverage industry is one of the most flexible in types of jobs.
So this is what prompted this post. I ran across a great site called 
Turntable Kitchen
Turntable Kitchen is a site connecting food and music. "We feature recipes with a focus on local, fresh ingredients, hand-selected ‘Musical Pairings,’ album reviews and musings on our city livin’ and country hoppin’ adventures" 
Talking about combining passions.. I LOVE IT!

If you listen to Magickal Harvest Radio you hear us talk about following your bliss. (Thanks to our Co-host Dawn "The Certifiable Joy Junkie" )  I find it amazing that the passion of food can bring joy and creativity to ones life and you can share it with the world. 

Thanks for meandering with me today. I starting to feel a little better so I am hoping to get the blogging thing rolling..
Jen 

No comments:

Post a Comment